Kennedy Scholarship Terms and Conditions
As part of our mission, the College provides scholarships to assist new fulltime students experiencing financial hardship to achieve their full potential at the College.
Please note: Full tuition fees or partial tuition fees as determined by the selection panel. (all other expenses are the responsibility of the family)
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Duration of Scholarship will be for the duration of child's enrolment or until the family’s circumstances no longer meet the suitability criteria. Applications will be reviewed annually.
- The scholarship may not be held concurrently with any other scholarship or award.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, an applicant must
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Be experiencing significant financial hardship
- Enrol as a full time student (unless the selection panel is satisfied that there are exceptional circumstances).
The Scholarship Selection Panel will consider applications and may interview short-listed applicants. The members of the Scholarship Selection Panel will be the Principal and the Director of Finance and Resources. The allocation of scholarships is entirely at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Panel, who are under no obligation to give explanation for the acceptance or rejection of individual.
Criteria for continuation
The decision to offer a scholarship is at the sole discretion of the Scholarship Selection Panel.
The recipient must
- Continue to meet the suitability criteria
- Remain enrolled as a full time student (unless there are exceptional circumstances) and make satisfactory progress in line with College
- Applicants will need to reapply each year.
- All applications are to be addressed to the Principal for consideration by the Scholarship Selection Panel.
- Applications must include
a. A cover letter outlining the applicant’s reasons for applying for the scholarship;b. Independent support/evidence validating your communicated financial position. e.g. bank statements, tax statements, payroll summary
c. A statement that includes, as appropriate, details of the student’s
- Academic achievement
- Sporting activities and achievements
- Community service
- Participation in community, voluntary or paid work
- Leadership positions held at school, in the workplace, or in the community.
d.Completion of the College Scholarship application form.
This scholarship is to be taken up in the year for which it is awarded.