- The five (5) stages for enrolment and entry to the College are:
- Registration of Interest Application. The family is placed on the waitlist for the requested year of enrolment.
- Parents/Guardians will be notified of interview times by letter or phone and provided a pre-interview application form. The completed form and all requested paperwork must be submitted three (3) days prior to the interview with the Principal.
- Interview with the Principal and further information collection. The student being enrolled into the school is to attend the interview.
If a student applying to be enrolled has a specific need, disabling condition or significant health care needs, the Principal will assess and consult with relevant parties to ensure that the school has the resource capacity to provide for the student’s specific educational and care needs.
- Offer of an enrolment place from the Principal asking parents/guardians to accept or reject offer.
Parents/Guardians are required to complete and sign the Enrolment Contract within two (2) weeks of the offer. This is a contractual agreement between the College and the parents/guardians and outlines the obligations of parents/guardians in return for the enrolment of their child at the College.
- Payment of enrolment deposit.
The position is confirmed once the Enrolment Contract has been signed and returned to the College, and the enrolment deposit has been paid.
The final decision for any enrolment/placement is at the discretion of the Principal.
Siblings of enrolled students are given priority status in our enrolment process. The College offers Pre-Enrolment Contracts to siblings at the point of enrolling your older child.
This requires a $200 non-refundable Pre-Enrolment deposit per sibling in addition to the Enrolment Contract and $950 non-refundable Enrolment Deposit for your older child.
Once we receive the above, your eldest child will be fully enrolled, and the younger sibling will be pre-enrolled and guaranteed a placement in his/her high school entry year.
For more information on specific vacancies or the enrolment process, please contact the Kennedy Registrar via email or phone (08) 9314 7722.
What happens after I register my child?
Once you have registered your child/children, you and your family are encouraged to attend one of the annual Kennedy Open Days.
A summary of the post-registration process is as follows
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you do not pre-enrol your school-age younger child, this child’s name will automatically remain at the end of his/her respective waitlist, thus forfeiting sibling priority and will not be guaranteed a placement.
If your child is currently in Year 6 or older, registration is as above; however, we advise you to contact the Registrar prior to starting the registration process to discuss the availability of a suitable placement for your child.
If you have any enrolment queries, please contact the Kennedy Registrar:
P: (08) 9314 7722